The STL (Standard Tessellation Language or STereoLithography) file format is the most commonly used format for 3D printing.
When used with a 3D slicer, it allows a computer to communicate with the 3D printer hardware, printing a model.
Since its humble beginnings, many CAD software packages have adopted and supported the STL file format.
It is a 3D printing process and corresponding file type created by Chuck Hull at 3D Systems in the 1980s. It is for rapid prototyping, 3D printing, and computer-aided manufacturing.
STL Author Recognition
We aim to create & share one of the most excellent STL libraries in the industry. We thank Alexander Turbett for this useful Ender 3 S1 Pro Tool Tray Insert STL file.
Contact him on Instagram for more cool designs!
STL Author Instructions
Alexander was unable to find an Ender 3 S1 Pro Tool Tray Insert STL anywhere so he decided to take a deep dive and dabble in some Fusion 360 3D modeling learning a lot in the process.
This is his first 3D model from scratch, his first design that he’s sharing with the world, and it came out awesome!
He hopes you all enjoy this cool add-on for your S1 Pro. Have Fun!
|Layer Height/Resolution||0.20 mm|
|Hollow Infill||20% Honeycomb/Hex|
|Tray bottoms are a total of 8 layers of thick solid infill||1.6mm|
|Perimeter Speed||50 mm/s|
|External perimeter speed||40 mm/s|
|Solid Infill speed||50 mm/s|
|Top infill speed||30 mm/s|
|Support material speed||50 mm/s|
|1st Layer Extruder Temp||215 C|
|1st Layer Bed Temp||70 C|
|1st Layer Cooling||0%|
|2+ Layer Extruder Temp||210 C|
|2+ Layer Bed Temp||65 C|
|2+ Layer Cooling||100%|
- Slicer Auto Generated
- Only on the left side under the “Shelf” and the small “Dimple” in the bottom.
- No supports under the angled side profiles, He tried and the angled support messed up his first print.
- Ensure your bed is super level with a recent leveling probe mesh performed ON A HOTBE (Bed can warp slightly when hot so you want to run the level program while its “warped”).
- Ensure your start G-Code is calling out the saved bed level mesh with (M420 S1) placed after the (G28) command.
- Ensure build plate is clean, and the z-offset on the 1st layer extrusion is perfect, if necessary adjust on the fly during 1st layer print using the S1 Pro touchscreen.
- If any of these are “OFF”, the bottoms will get very rough with them being 8 layers of solid infill. If the bottom comes out rough the side separator walls will look nasty as well.
- This print sliced out to about an 8hr print
|Printer:||Creality Ender 3 S1 Pro|
|Resolution:||0.20 mm Layer Height|
|Print Infill:||20% Honeycomb/Hex|
|Filament Color:||Apple Green|
Remove the supports under the left side shelf by simply pulling them off. Any straggling lines of support that may need to be shaved off with a razor knife.
It’s ready to install in your Ender 3 S1 Pro Drawer.